Paste a VALID AdSense code in Ads Elite Plugin options before activating it.
Regarding the nature and purpose of their article, I would avoid the discussion of a theological and scientific elaboration of the issue of abortion. I would nevertheless give some sound conclusion on the subject of abortion as obtained from most pertinent biblical, theological, historical and scientific data for a developing a basic Christian response.
Conclusion on the subject of Abortion.
1. Abortion involves many completing values.We must never be so involved in theoretical discussions about abortion that we overlook the human factors of prime importance are life of the mother, foetal life, and the genetic wholeness of the fetus.
2. The sanctity of human life principle directs a powerful bias against killing fetal life. Since life is a gift from God and abortion is the termination of life, human life must be respected at all stages of development. The question is not when life begins, but whether life should ever be taken.
3. The burden of proof always rests on those aborting. Two questions must be asked by anyone considering abortion. Would continuation of the pregnancy destroy more than it would preserve? Is God’s creative and redemptive will best served by abortion?
4. Abortion on demand should be opposed as an abdication of moral responsibility. About 97% of all abortions are for social reasons and convenience, the so-called “Abortion on demand”. Abortion as a form of birth control or as an easy solution to a sexual mistake is morally reprehensible. To terminate the life of an unborn child singly because of financial, vocational, or other personal reasons is to devalue life.
5. Christians should seek to influence society with values that uphold the sanctity of human life. The Christians should live as an alternate community, resident aliens whose counterculture ethic is a witness to a world living by false values.
Abortion is sinful before God and warrants this heavy judgement. But have you aborted before? Or have you aborted for someone before? Or you impregnated a woman and the pregnancy leads to abortion? Repent and forsake your sin,God is merciful. He will pardon you. But “go and sin no more”.